Are you looking to enjoy a romantic night out on Valentine’s Day this year or are you wanting to plan something romantic while adhering to social distancing? We have ideas for both! If you plan on going out, you may want to start planning early due to the current restaurant capacity limitations. Call to book reservations in advance or call to ask about a particular restaurant’s capacity limitations so that you are not disappointed if there is unavailable seating when you arrive. However, you may be choosing to spend Valentine’s Day at home as Covid-19 infections are still on the rise. Whether you wish to spend a night out on the town or if you wish to make plans for a romantic night at home, Michele Harmon Team is here to help!
1. Barcelona Restaurant and Lounge
If you are looking for great food and a fun night out, check out Barcelona Restaurant and Lounge in Vintage Park. Their menu features American-Spanish infused cuisine with an international twist from the kitchen of CIA graduates Chef Connor Pennington and Chef Nada Elassal, along with veteran Chef Patricio Gonzalez. After your meal, you can head over to the dance floor or the Outdoor 2nd-floor patio.
2. Plan a Romantic Dinner at Home
After 2020, so many of us have grown tired of cooking. To make it fun for you and your partner, turn off your phones, dim the lights, light some candles, try a new recipe, and finish the night with a delicious dessert.
Need help deciding on the perfect dinner and dessert? Check out these recipes below!
Pasta with Vodka Sauce
You can never go wrong with a great pasta! Pair it with your favorite wine for a relaxing dinner with your partner.
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/4 c. vodka
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Basil, for serving
- Cook rigatoni per package directions.
- Heat olive oil, garlic, and shallots in a Dutch oven on medium. Cook, stirring, until tender, 4 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring until deep red and beginning to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vodka; cook until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Scoop 1/2 cup pasta cooking water into a measuring cup (even if pasta is not done), then add heavy cream. Add to Dutch oven along with red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring until smooth.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then transfer cooked pasta to Dutch oven. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water; cook on low, stirring constantly, until pasta is coated, adding more liquid as needed. Fold in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Serve topped with additional Parmesan and basil.
There is just something romantic about chocolate fondue. Pair it with your favorite fruit, pretzels, or graham crackers! If you do not have a fondue pot, you can easily use a regular pot with an oven mitt placed underneath while you enjoy it at the table!
- 12 ounces of milk or dark chocolate (chips or roughly chopped if from a block)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of heavy whipping cream
- A pinch of salt
- Heat the cream with a pinch of salt over medium heat in a small saucepan until tiny bubbles show and begin to lightly and slowly simmer.
- Remove from heat, add the chocolate, and whisk until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Immediately transfer to a fondue pot heated at low or with a low flame, or serve straight from the pot.
- Arrange the dip-ables on a platter or plates around the chocolate pot. Use a fondue fork, bamboo skewer, seafood fork, or salad fork to dip the fruit pieces and other dippables into the hot melted cream chocolate mixture. Eat immediately.
3. Valentine’s Weekend Sunset Cruise
On February 13th, Margaritaville Lake Resort in Conroe is hosting a romantic curist on their Little Palm Yacht complete with two glasses of wine from Bernhardt Winery and a charcuterie board. Boarding is at 5:00 pm at the Waterpoint Landing. Click here to purchase tickets.
If you are looking for something more private, Margaritaville will also allow you to rent a boat or watercraft! Click here for more information or to book a reservation.
4. Enjoy a Painting Class
Painting Classes are a great way to spend a romantic evening with your partner and both in-person and virtual classes are available. Both Painting with a Twist and Board and Brush offer workshops in which you will be given step-by-step instructions on how to create a beautiful piece for your home or as a gift. Locations are available in Cypress, Magnolia, Katy, Conroe, Champions Forest, The Woodlands, Kingwood, and more!
Click here to visit Painting with a Twist’s website to register for an in-person or virtual class at a location convenient for you.
Click here to visit Board and Brush’s website to register for an in-person or virtual class at a location convenient for you.
5. Villa Roma Italian Ristorante
Villa Roma offers an elegant setting, soft music, and glowing candlelight, which is perfect for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. This family owned business has authentic Italian dishes that are handcrafted and infused with robust Italian flavors. The menu includes classic Italian dishes in addition to Chef inspired specialties.
Click here to make your reservations online!
6. Learn a New Home Skill Together
Learn a new home skill together in the comfort of your home! Several classes are available virtually. Learn how to quilt, sew, knit, bake cakes, or cook together for a fun bonding experience.
Click here to access a large variety of online classes.
7. Spa Day
Nothing beats a day of relaxation. You can schedule a spa day at your local spa, have the spa come to you, or pamper your partner yourself!
Through the mobile app, Cherry, you can schedule a professional to come to your home for a relaxing manicure and pedicure. If you choose to personally pamper your partner, add in the romance with a nicely scented massage oil, light some candles, and if you are pampering a lady, surprise them with nail polish in their favorite color! If you are looking for a high class spa, check out these highly rated locations below!
- The Woodhouse Day Spa in The Vintage
- The Luxurious Massage and Spa in Spring
- Villasport Athletic Club and Spa (locations in Cypress, Katy, and The Woodlands)
- Lifespa at Lifetime Athletic (locations in Cypress, Champions Forest, and Katy)
Make life memorable this year and treat your loved one to a romantic Valentine’s Day to show them how much you care. Whether you choose to go out and support a local small business or if you are planning a romantic night at home, we hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s Day and 2021.
Does your current home or community not provide you with the comfortable atmosphere you are looking for? Michele Hamon Team can help you find your dream home in a community that is perfect for you and your family. We can provide you information on the current market, the best school districts, local dining and shopping, annual community events, and more! If you are thinking of buying or selling, call Michele Harmon Team at 713-818-1330 today! Your home is our business.